30 May 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Today has been amazing. For one, I am coming to the end of a three day weekend, which has led me to catch up on my desperately needed sleep. Secondly, Kline's Dairy Bar (which means nothing to most of you reading this) has cake batter as their flavor for the week. Yummmmy. Kat, Dougie, and Joseph (a few friends left in town) came over last night. It was a night of homemade pizza and brownies with a few card games thrown in. I attempted to go to the pool today but they were closed. I understand that it is a Governmental issued holiday so that a publicly run pool would probably be closed but come on....it was 97 degrees today!!

Which leads me to this, yes, it was 97 degrees. There are no words to describe how that hot, mixed with some humidity makes a person feel. I just took my second shower of the day. Its been slightly depressing to realize that is my life for the next couple of months.

My new roommates are moving in right now and therefore it was a great time to sit in my room and write a post to all of you so that I am out of their way. It will be nice to have roommates that are around constantly again as the last month has been hit and miss with George and I being here at the same time.

I know that it would be nice to be at a cookout yet as I do not own a grill, this is not possible. Something to look into once my move happens June 25th. :) Speaking of moving, today I spent the whole day cleaning up the kitchen and moving all of my stuff to a corner. Thankfully after moving four times, one learns the best way to handle different items. Thus, moving slowly over this month will hopefully make the process not seem as bad as it has been in the past.

With this being said, I suppose I am going to try to round up some food! I think people are coming over later so I should get my act together! Happy camping out to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment