05 June 2011

Bright Lights, Bigger City

Ahh and the sound of another weekend winding up comes sweeping into my ears. While this weekend was funfilled with activities such as going to a Rihanna concert in Baltimore, MD or spending the first weekend with my new roommates, it was an adventure. Yes, you all heard me correctly, I have new roommates for the month of June. Two brothers, and they haven't murdered me yet in my sleep so for all of you people out there that were alarmed for me to be living with random people, it has worked out yet nicely.

Kat, Dougie (Kat's boyfriend), Maria, and I all drove up to Baltimore yesterday afternoon to catch a concert that included Rihanna and Cee Lo Green. For those of you that watch The Voice, seeing him live was quite the different experience! I had bought her the tickets for her birthday and so two months later, I'm glad we finally got to celebrate!!

This weekend also marks the continuing end to my existence in this city. I only have a couple more times of living here before the move to the large city. Thus, I have made a bucket list of things to do before I end this journey. I will admit, most of the items include food of some sort as I have my favorites in this town.

I also scheduled a visit to Florida this week. I shall be in the sunny state July 2-9th to spend some quality time doing nothing but lounging and being a bum after racking my brain out these past six weeks. The concept of not thinking for a week is slightly foreign in my vocabulary but I think I'll find room to fit it in. :)

For those of you who enjoy cooking, my mother sent me this recipe in the mail this past week and I can't wait to make it. Does Hamburger-Bean casserole sound familiar to anyone? Ground beef, onion, garlic, mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and baked beans all in a skillet. Dump on a piece of bread and it's the second best thing that Mennonites ever discovered, besides Verenika that is. When looking over the copy of the recipe though, I discovered that they spelled ketchup, catsup? Interesting little tidbit for you all :)

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment