06 October 2010

New Fave

I've done it.
I've found my new favorite employer.
After interviewing with Ernest & Young today, I am ready to sign on the line. I actually interviewed for their Business Advisory Program (BAP). Thus, I would not be working on the auditing or taxation side of accounting which would be a welcome break. Getting your CPA is also not a make or break kind of deal for the position. Now its just a waiting game and seeing how I line up against all the other finance major applicants. I'm the only Masters student and only accounting student from JMU that applied for that specific spot so we'll see how it goes.

On the other news in my life, I have a meet and greet session with Reznick Group tomorrow evening and then I interview with them on Friday. It will be curious to see how things go after I enjoyed E&Y so much.

I mean, come on, they give you three weeks of vacation time to begin with, what else is better than that?

I've been exhausted due to interviewing three times a week and studying for a tax quiz on Friday. Midterms are still creeping closer and closer. I have my first on Monday and another one next Friday. Its a scary thought considering that B- and C's are failing the program. You can't get two Cs or they kick you out!

I made party mix from scratch the other day, well as from scratch as you can with party mix and finally got the seasoning right also. I'm teaching new friends from JMU that people actually do cook from scratch and baking cookies doesn't necessarily mean open a tube from the freezer of frozen dough. :)

Anyway, I stayed up until 1:00 AM last night grading tests for a professor and have to be back at school by 7:30 AM tomorrow morning. *Sigh* Have I mentioned how I could use a good shopping trip or long break right about now to destress?

Love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment