12 October 2010

Midterm Week has Arrived

You know that feeling that you get in your stomach as soon as you get to the top of a rollar coaster ride? Trying feeling that several different times every week. It can happen when you walk out of a big interview, when you get that letter/email from a firm saying whether or not you made the second cut, and just yesterday it occurred when I hit the submit button on my midterm exam. I am now left with one more exam this week and two next week. Although that doesn't sound bad to many of you, try adding in three more interviews this week and one next week. Also, add to the end of next week a visit to DC for...wait for it...my first 2nd interview!!!!

After receiving no's from two firms the last two days, last night I received an email from a company asking me to come for a second interview! I actually really enjoyed this firm and they're located in a pretty part of DC so we'll see how it goes.

For those of you located in the Pennsylvania family, this throws a kink into my plans on coming to girls weekend at Julie's! I'm thinking about leaving straight from DC and headed down just so I can still make it. We'll just have to see if I hear back from any other firms. :) Just know that I really really really do want to make it.

My number 1 company interview is this week and its frightening to know that I have to literally nail this interview. But its on Thursday at 1:45 so send some prayers up fam!

I now have 10 interviews scheduled altogether and along with balancing everything else...am more then a little busy. I never stop between classes, tutoring, working at my GA job, interviews, meet and greets the night before interviews, and homework. To say the least, Sunday nights when the weekend comes to an end, I just want to cry.

Beyond that, I have made several good friends here in the program and now have people to hang out with. Three girls that I enjoy are Natalie, Devon, and Keron. I also might mention Madison and Matt who are other GAs that work with me. And Russell is in all my classes with me as well as another transfer who I've gotten to know. Its taken a lot of complaining, blogging, and whining but I now feel somewhat settled in at JMU. SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment