01 September 2011

Fraud and 18 Years



Earthquakes,
hurricanes, Chloe being put down, parents selling the business….geez louise…hello
September! After a crazy last two weeks in August, I’m ready for this next
month and all it has to offer to me. My busy season is starting to vamp up as
well at work so life should get a hectic for the next couple of months. Thus,
if you plan on me blogging a lot, well your expectation should stop right now.



Just
to catch you up with a few items real quick like. Chloe, after being with the
family for several years, was put down due to the results of a complicated
inner body system. She will be missed but I can’t say the same for her white
hairs.



The
parents signed the contract to finally sell the business after many years of
building it up into what it is currently. Dave’s no longer exists! It’s kind of
crazy to think about it being gone as many of my childhood memories are in
place thanks to that business. No matter how much heartache it was for my
parents at times, it was all worth it in the long run to get them to Florida
like they wanted
J.



I
am working out my travel plans for Christmas still, but hopefully it will be a
quick stop in Kansas to say hi for a whirlwind weekend as I don’t have that
many vacation days accrued at work!



School
has started for most people at this point and after attending the institution
for 18 years, my body hasn’t quite accustomed itself to the fact that part of
my life is over. Over time I will think
of it as a long ago period in my life but as for now, I stare wistfully out the
window and think about the times that I had friends living all around me.



Today
at work I found a concern that we are following up with. It was due to my “careful
observation” that this was found. I’m sure once I’m at the job for a while,
this combing of information will go away yet it is still hard for me to look at
something and not be so skeptical about it being the truth. After multiple
classes about fraud, my mind instantly shrieks, “FRAUD”, when I come across
something such as that when in reality, it’s a simple oversight of the board.
Sigh, I know.



I
have also realized what many of you already know: I have a lot of clothes. When
picking out outfits for work, it has become a game. Almost as to see how long I
can go without wearing the same outfit twice. I am almost done with week four
and have yet to wear the same thing twice. Not quite sure if that’s a good
thing or not. I would like to say that I’m running out items, yet I still have
all my heavier sweater items to go through. Does this mean I stop shopping?
Gasp, what a thought. Instead of spending my hard earned money on myself, I could
return it to a better place. While this is the part where I insert some
grateful orphanage or nonprofit, that’s not going to happen. Sadly my extra
money is going towards keeping our economy afloat, aka the loan department.
Thus, if you think about the Government as a charity, I’m doing quite well in
the supporting department!



No comments:

Post a Comment