28 August 2011

We Survived!?

Well, almost a week after surviving the East Coast's largest earthquake...hurricane Irene decided she needed to stop by as well. After preparing all morning yesterday for it, she came and went in the middle of the night. The bathtub was filled with water for flushing the toilet, there were pitchers of water sitting on the counter in case the water ran out, and all of the large appliances were unplugged. Yet here I am typing this on my computer unfazed the day after it all. This whole natural disaster thing ain't no thang!

Week two on the job site went by fast as we start to swing into busy season for the next several of months. I received my first real job paycheck on Friday and jumped around in circles squealing. It was such a great feeling. Now for paying off those school loans. Ugh. Anyway, I also bought my plane ticket to Florida for Thanksgiving where I'll spend a couple days. After that though, it makes me wonder about my Christmas plans. I don't have a lot of time off to spare as I haven't accumulated that many hours at this point. The money for a plane ticket is missing as well so we shall see what happens.

While I wish I had more to say about my life. Sadly enough, nothing else is up! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment