06 September 2010

Week One Down

Well...I MADE IT. I accomplished my first week at grad school. I'm not going to lie to you all and say it was easy or horrible or boring. It was a mixture of all three of those. For this blog...I'm thinking a list will do:

1. Talked to my advisor and realized that a Masters course I had taken at EMU is transferring over to JMU leaving me with only needing to take 9 credits next semester which will all be paid for by my graduate assistantship. Yay!!!

2. Speaking of graduate assistants (GA), I am now friends with my co-workers, all three of them. So out of the program which exists of about 70 students, I have 5 friends. I guess 5 friends per week isn't too bad. At this rate, it will only take me around 14 weeks to make friends with everyone...so the whole first semester I'm going to be a loser with no friends. Great. Just great.

3. Two of my classes are relatively easy which leaves me time for my third class, Tax...which I hate and don't understand. The advisor has a different method of teaching though so I think I'll make it threw somehow.

4. Today I registered on the recruitment site for JMU and started applying for jobs. I forgot how long and difficult applications can be :( I'm still attempting to decide on what area/region will be the best fit for me...a fight to the finish for sure.

Still love my apartment...and still miss home on occasions. Besides that, not much is new here. I do need to end this though as I have to do double homework tonight as Kat (my roommate) and I are attending a Lady Gaga concert tomorrow evening in Washington DC. Its still weird to write that after living here for 4 1/2 years...I'm super excited for the concert though and while I'm sure none of you are jealous...you most definitely should be!!!

Love,
Ash

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived the first week! And thank you for changing your background! The white words on black were making this old woman's eyes cry. Keep us updated on the job search and any other exciting news. Lady Gaga, not so much, but then again, I'm old. :)
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete