10 September 2010

Pop Culture Week

This week persisted of pop cultures coming out from all around me. Tuesday I was at the Lady Gaga concert which was amazing and another subject just on its own. Last night, The Vampire Diaries season 2 premiered to which Natalie came over and we watched it together. I feel a lot more confident that I may be making a few friends. Definitely didn't make my 5 for the week but if I strengthened the friendships that I'm making...eh, who needs the others? I'm actually writing this as fast as I can due to the fact that I'm going with one of my professors (Dr. Copely) to EMU this afternoon to recruit their students. I haven't been back since graduation and feel so different from that time in my life that I don't even know what to do with myself. Joel's also going, he convinced Dr. Copely that two students was fine and not too many. *insert roll of the eyes* As I sat down in my financial management class last night, Matt (one of my co-GAs) turned to me and began to talk. I know, not a significant event but considering that two weeks ago we didn't even know each other, it made me feel good. I was telling him how I just lay in my bed at night with lists of things to do running through my head. He started laughing and said "yes, but I can't ever finish one of my lists". It was just creepy to have a conversation with someone who makes lists as much as me. Its like that in all of my classes though! All of these students have the same personality traits/characteristics as me! It makes group projects ten times easier, I will tell you that.

I work tomorrow and Sunday for lunch at Chili's. Between that job, and fitting in hours for tax studying...my weekend is once again spoken for. A couple friends called me to go out with them tonight for a birthday but I had to reply and say no. Do you know how depressing that is? This is when my parents can be relieved that I'm actually studying and not wasting my time. Social calendar = 0, Grad school =1.

Anyway, I need to hop in the shower as I slept in today considering I never can and while it felt amazing, I already feel like I'm hours behind in my day and there's no catching up. You just can't let yourself get sunk into the black hole they call overwhelmness otherwise I wouldn't even be able to see straight. I must throw this in (especially for you Cassi, you're reading this), I could go for a black and white pizza from Coco Bollo's hardcore right now. So make Dave take you there!

Love you all!
Ash

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I am just now catching up on your life! I am honored that you chose me to get some black and white pizza for you. I will do it just because I love you, but you need to get down here and get some for yourself! Plus, you need to hold your step niece. She told me she misses you. It went "Pbbbbbbbbbbbffffff mamamamam ooooooooooohhhh."

    ReplyDelete