14 September 2010

Job Hunting

After a stressful weekend at working at Chili's...I'm now debating whether I can handle the second job on to of a full school load as well as 20 hours working here at JMU. I once thought I was wonder woman, that dream has died. I did just get told by my boss here how much she has enjoyed my effort and that it is a show of my ability. That made me smile at least! :)

I have my first large size quiz in Advanced Tax this Friday and boy, am I stressing about it!!! I have been studying and making my tiny notes on a piece of paper so I can fit everything on one piece of paper. I baked chocolate chip cookies last night for Joel and Natalie as we watched Gossip Girl. Natalie was in awe of the fact that I actually baked something from scratch. It's such a different world that I come from at some times.

Tomorrow is Meet the Firms night. There will be around 45 firms here in a ballroom so I'm donning my suit and giving it my best! Hopefully I'll at least have some interviews scheduled. I applied to Ernest and Young yesterday which was intimidating as its one of the big four accounting firms. Sometimes I pinch myself just to make sure that its really me going to school here!! These opportunities would never come my way otherwise.

Anyway, I was just bored at work so thought I would write a little note to you all to pray for me and that I find a job!!! I have to go to Governmental Accounting and Reporting now. I know I know, it sounds like so much fun that you're incredibly jealous of me ;)

Loves,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment