02 September 2010

Grad School

Due to recent happening at grad school, I realized that I have stopped writing emails to everyone to update them on my life. Thus, I am going to give this blogging thing a chance. I shall start by telling everyone that I started school on Monday (hopefully for the last time) and am having an interesting time to say the least. I went from being an Accounting Information Systems (AIS) concentration to general in the first week as well as having met several new people there. More information shall come later on those people as I am still getting to know them and wondering if we'll ever become actual friends. I also discovered today that my advisor had missed something in my transcript so I had to pick up a Tax II class which while that doesn't sound that bad...believe me when I say its going to be just awful. I get asked all the time where I'm from since people who are in the Masters program at JMU but didn't do their undergraduate studies there are rare. When they find out that I'm from Kansas, then I get a whole separate set of looks. Its like they don't even believe that the midwest has been discovered yet. I am starting to interview with several companies these next few coming months so pray for me that I'll finally decide where to accept a position. And that's assuming that I'll hopefully get a position offered to me! Well, as this post is probably going to state, its 6:00 AM here. So while many of you are already up and going or if you share my Nisly blood, still safely sound asleep in your bed, I have been up for an hour already revising several documents due to my ability to not sleep tonight. I foresee myself hitting up the Starbucks coffee machine on 2nd floor in my building quite a few times today. I mean, a fresh brewed cup of coffee for only $1.65? BARGIN. I do love you all and will try to keep writing to keep you informed!

Love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment