29 October 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is

Family. People have all sorts. I have some in Kansas and some in Pennsylvania. At some points, one has to realize that each family has its own quirks but you love each of them individually for those specific characteristics. Spending time with my Pennsylvania family has taught me many things over the years. Whether its to how to pronounce the term "sausage" or how to eat sauerkraut with mashed potatoes (which is disgusting by the way), they have a lot to teach me. Atdinnertonight with Farah, we were talking about being homesick and what exactly it means.

Over all, the whole conversation made me think about how I have family of all sorts and sizes in many different places. Many of you reading this belong to that family whether or not you realize it. As I have been into sayings lately, "Home is where the Heart is" describes how I feel writing this. As I sit here just having gotten done skyping with Darren, I am slowly coming to the realization that my friends are my family. I have expanded the level of participants of the years living away from my immediate family to fulfill the actions of my family. Therefore, I now have a Kansas, Pennsylvania, EMU, JMU, and Washington DC family. The next level of questions that arise are: where exactly does your family come from and have you expanded your circle lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment