21 January 2011

Musings

Its Friday and thus, begins the weekend. Excitment cannot begin to describe my mood. Two weeks has gone by in this semester and I already feel like I have been here forever. Yes, forever is a long time but that's how I feel about it.

I'm at work listening to music from the 90's and it makes me sad to think that this is already considered "classic" music for a lot of people. This was my childhood, gone.

I'm trying to figure out how I can sneak home for the MCC Sale in April. If I have to go one more year with no vernika, I might cry. Therefore, I have started scouting out plane tickets :) If you know of anyone who owns a personal jet that would like to come scoop me up and take me there, I would be forever grateful.

I made old time sugar drop cookies this past weekend and it was a success. The downside to the recipe is that even after cutting it in half, I still had about 3 times the amount of cookies I actually wanted, thus, I brought them to work. Now the professors really love me :)

I have decided not to walk at graduation which is sad considering that I am getting hooded for my Masters. But this way it allows me to spend several more days with my family (probably you in Kansas). And after discussing this with my mother, she informed me that her and my father were not planning on coming to the graduation anyway. So here I would be alone, walking across this podium to get a freaking MASTER'S degree and have no one to share with it. Yes, I hope you all make them feel like awful parents for not recognizing this important diploma. I think they are just getting used to the idea that Josh and I accomplish things, therefore nothing is special anymore. The best of luck to you, Josh, by the time you graduate, they won't even be sitting in your undergraduate audience. After making everyone feel guilty after reading this paragraph (which was the point), I am really okay with my decision.

I'm still viewing options on where to live in DC and looking for roommates on roommate websites. It is a bit shady but I can't afford to be picky at the beginning as rent is rediculously high! I have found a few top options, but we'll see if my budget can afford them.

I need to get back to work I suppose as a busy busy busy weekend is beginning in approximately 3 hours for me. What am I doing? That is a surprise, and you'll have to wait until my next post to read about it. I know, I know, you're sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to know about my activities, but really, they're not that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment