16 November 2010

A Time of Thanks

Its official...I'm the worst blogger ever. I can't ever seem to find time even though the people reading my blog are probably the most important people to me. Well, except my friends here, and my professors who give me my grades, and my boss at work. Okay okay, just kidding...you all are very special to me. Which is why, I dedicate this specific post to a list of thanks I have as I seem to have plenty to be thankful for in this time of the year! So if you were in my position, what would you be most thankful for....

I'm going to have to go with no more deaths in the family to begin with. This year I lost my second grandmother which was a very difficult time to go through as the only left grandparent I have doesn't even know his left hand from his right hand half the time. Lord only knows how he'll react if you try to get "the box" out of the closet in his room...that's only for Paul and don't you forget it. Thus, leading back to my original thought, thank you God for keeping my family safe.

This summer I lost a very good friend due to a motorcycle accident. It was a hard time but you always discover the most important things about your personality during difficult times such as those. I will always remember Jason and all the great laughs about the midwest he gave all of us but recognize that people learned how to grow up due to that experience. To which leads into why I am thankful. God turned his death into a learning experience and his death is a connection that links all of my close friends from college from drifting too far away.

At this point next year, I will be living in Alexandria, DC, as an employee of Kearney & Company. Yes, you heard me right, I ACCEPTED MY POSITION AT KEARNEY!!! Just in case you didn't get it the first time, I'm finally employed after 5 years of school!! Okay, technically its 17 years of school...geez, one would think I would have learned tons more then I really haven't. For those of you reading this (you know who you are) who I've asked to move to DC with me...I still think you should. PRAISE JESUS I HAVE A JOB. And now to start paying all those school loans.

I've met some great people during my times at JMU thus this far into my semester, therefore I am sooo thankful for all these people who have helped me during the midnight study sessions and the one weekend we spend 50 hours studying for our tax midterm...yes, that happened. Anyway, without them, my world would not be complete. Joel, if you're reading this, you have made my life soooo great this year by being such a great friend. You have my entire thanks.

As my car hasn't broken down on my completely yet after being faithful to me for 8 years...I must send my thanks out to it :) Don't get me wrong dad, I'm still looking for a new car as its only a matter of time. My blinker has stopped working most of the time. Sigh.

My health. Ironically enough, I'm writing this after having tonsilitis...still can't hit high notes when I sing. But even with that being said, I feel so much better now and am praying that flu/cold/bronchitis/pneumonia season decides to forgo me as I seem to pick those up like mosquito bites. Also, my ears for the most part have not ruptured, lost hearing, or discovered another weak area where a hole would like to pop up in my eardrum...thus, I'm so thankful for that!!

To my family, thank you for all the support you have shown me this semester. Even when you thought I was crazy for continuing on in school and building up more debt, you still stuck behind me. As it turns out, might not have been such a bad investment!

Anywho, its now 1:00AM here and I'm looking at a solid 7 hours of sleeeeeeeep. I'm so excited after getting 6 hours every night for the last couple of weeks. If you expect me to do anything but sleep over Thanksgiving break...give it up...not gonna happen. This girl will be in sleeping position, whereever that may occur. Or stuck somewhere with textbooks lying all around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment